We all have been using Group Policies for decades for all of our on-prem domain joined machine. Now Microsoft has introduced, in preview, ADMX template style settings in Intune.
MS Docs for details. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/administrative-templates-windows
- Assumption is you have some Intune knowledge and know how to assign profiles.
- To access the Preview, go into your Azure Portal – Microsoft Intune -> Device configuration – Profiles
Create a new profile
Name your profile, choose Windows 10 or Later as the platform, and Profile type is Administrative Templates (Preview)
- In the profile, choose Settings and you will see all the policies available (there are few pages).
5. In the filter, search for a policy setting if needed like the screen shot below or sort the columns accordingly.
6. Select a setting like I have below and choose an option (similar to GPO). For the Excel save setting, I chose the default to be Excel 5.0/95 Workbook so I can see the change (as Excel XLS is default anyways).
7. In my test I have chosen several different settings.
8. Assign the profile accordingly to your test group.
9. Monitor deployment status
10. Once the settings are applied, check the device for results.