To be able to review Windows 10 endpoints (Anniversary Update or higher) into Windows Defender ATP, you will need to onboard first. There are several ways to do so including scripts, Group Policy, Intune, Configuration Manager 2012 through current branch 1602. With the release of Configuration Manager branch update 1606, it now includes integrated Windows Defender ATP to be able to monitor and deploy the policies.
- To get started, login to the Windows Defender ATP site to download the policies https://securitycenter.windows.com/download
Choose the drop down Select your deployment tool, and select the System Center Configuration Manager (current branch) version 1606
- This will download a ZIP file with the onboarding package. Unzip it to where you can access it with ConfigMgr.
- Under Assets and Compliance, expand Endpoint Protection where you will see Windows Defender ATP Policies. Select Windows Defender ATP Policies , and click Create Windows Defender ATP Policy from the toolbar or right click.
- Follow the wizard to import the onboarding file you downloaded from the site. (NOTE: SCREENSHOT SHOWS OFFBOARDING, BUT SHOULD BE ONBOARDING)
- Once done, you will see the policies in the console. Right client or from the toolbar, click Deploy.
- You can do this for off-boarding as well. From the same site, you can select to download the off-boarding package and then follow the steps above to import into ConfigMgr.