With everyone having multiple devices today (laptops, desktops, work PCs, tablets), one of the features lacking in Internet Explorer (IE) is the ability to sync and backup favorites. This feature existed in Live Mesh but was removed when replaced with SkyDrive.
But you can still make this happen by redirecting Favorites to a Skydrive folder on your devices.
Follow these easy steps:
- Download SkyDrive http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/skydrive/download
- Your SkyDrive folder by default is C:\Users\%username%\SkyDrive (%username% is the name of the login ID you use to logon to your computer)
- Go to the SkyDrive folder and create a new folder called Favorites.
- Open the user profile directory c:\users\%username%
- Right click on Favorites and click Properties
- Click the Location tab
- Click Move
- Choose the new Favorites folder created in step #3
- When you install Skydrive on other devices, the favorites folder should already sync. Simply start with step #4 on those devices.
Note – the example here uses SkyDrive, but you can work with Dropbox and Google Drive as well